15. Do you go to the dollar store? I just adore going there and I always find something really fun there. I have been wanting to have something cheerful in the living room during the winter but I didn't want to spend a fortune. I found these cute roses there and they are just the cheerful touch I wanted.
16. My parents send me the comics from their paper to help cheer me up. They know I love the comics and, since they live in a big city, they get a lot in their paper each day. I have decided to use them as a base in my art journal! Here's a picture of two of the pages all done.
17. I'm doing the Lent Challenge Bible study that Margaret Feinberg is doing. We are reading through the four Gospels and this is a copy of the book of Matthew. You go through and circle the verbs, names, etc., and I'm finding that this is really helping me to get a lot out of what I'm reading! Here's the link to Margaret's website if you're interested.
18. I am doing a faith journal and it has been such a great blessing to me! I love expressing my thoughts about Scripture through my art work! I received Copic pens for Christmas and I'm still learning how to use them. I did this artwork with the pens and really didn't get the hang of them until the last when I was doing the quail's feathers. It's not exactly wonderful, but I really like it and, now that I am getting an understanding of how to use the pens, I think my next entry will be much better.
19. We watch my son's pug when he's at work. He works a 24 hour shift, twice a week, and Muffy is much better not left alone. She's 12 years old and we like to make sure she's okay. When we were taking care of her this past week, she found the clean clothes basket with the soft, fluffy blanket in it. Amazingly, she jumped in and slept there the whole day!
20. You know I can't do a blessings post without sharing the poodles. lol This week, they did something they have never done before - snuggled together and slept! It's was a momentous occasion and we made sure we captured it with the camera. Here are those sweet things all snuggled up.
What are your blessings this week? I hope you'll share them! Don't forget to grab a button so others can find the link up you share on.
Blessings - Julie