Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Bit of This and That

It's a little after 3:00 am and I can't sleep. I have a cold ice machine that my Dad got me for my leg and when the ice runs out, the pad gets hot and wakes me up because it makes my leg hurt. It's a small price to pay, though, for the relief it brings me when it's cold! It lasts about 4-5 hours before it gets hot, so that's pretty good, in my opinion! Knowing my hubby, he'll wake up soon and be adding more ice. I don't wake him up as he takes such good care of me and I like him to have his sleep at night. I can take naps during the day so it's not a big deal if I'm up in the night.

Yesterday, I finally got the rest if my staples out of my leg. It had been over 5 weeks for the bypass and some of those staples were so imbedded in the skin, the nurse had a hard time getting them out of my leg. Thankfully, it didn't hurt, so I'm really thankful for that! Only one staple kind of hurt and that one was in my knee. I can't tell you how much better it feels to have all those staples out!

Thursday, I had my first physical therapy session outside my home and it went really well. I really like my therapist. I had him when I was in the hospital and he really understands both the knee and the restrictions of the bypass, which eases my mind. There can be no pressure put on that bypass and he's very careful. I felt like I did well, though, and I'm so glad to be going now! My legs have finally gone down enough to get pants on, although they are tight, but at least I'm not having to go every where in my nightgown anymore! lol My legs are still swollen but at least I'm seeing some progress.

Holly is doing really well and even played with her toy yesterday. I have to really watch her as she wants to jump up and down off the furniture and she's not supposed to do that yet. I'm so very happy that she's doing so well and I'm still praying that this cancer is not aggressive! She's such a cutie pie and just brings such joy to my life.

I'm going to have my family help me move my recliner back to my bedroom today. They had moved it to the living room because I was sleeping out there, but now that I'm sleeping in bed again, I want to get my recliner back in my bedroom. I'm finally feeling like I can work on my cross stitch and my stand is in my bedroom and all my things are in here. It will feel good to have things out back to normal, too. I'm also hoping to start decorating for Easter a little bit. I love decorating for the holidays and that will feel good, too.

Both my sons birthdays are this week, so I'm going to bake a chocolate cake for my oldest tomorrow and then frost it on Monday. I'm not sure, yet, what my other son will want, but I have a feeling he'll ask for my chocolate pie. Thankfully, I have one of my homemade pie crusts in the freezer, so that should be easy, if that's what he wants.

I'm hoping to go back to church tonight. It will be my first time back since my surgery and I'm so excited to go. I've missed going to church. It's such an important thing in my life!

I hope your weekend is full of blessings - Julie


  1. Hi Julie! I am so glad to read that you are making good progress. And to read that you are going to decorate for Easter and make cake and pie, well that is wonderful! I am glad little Holly is doing well too.

  2. Continued prayers for your leg. Glad the staples are out. Great news about Holly. Hope your sons both have blessed birthdays. Enjoy your church time. I love you.

  3. Sorry for your troubles. Glad you have Jesus in your life.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.


Please leave me a message! I love hearing what you have to say and look forward to your comments.