I'm realizing (finally!) that our outlook on life really has in large part to do with our mind set and outlook. Swim around in the septic tank and you're not going to be able to see your blessings (I know - I've swam in that septic tank more than once!) but if you can just refocus your mind on the good stuff - the blessings - that makes all the difference! Easy? Not always...but totally worth it! Let's count our blessings!
25. I went out to my studio after months and months of not feeling like I really could and painted some Easter things. I finished these bunnies as they were an easy project but I'm so pleased with them!
I first painted them in a DecoArt dark Turquoise (I can't remember the exact name of the color) and then went over it with Martha Stewart's glitter pain in Turquoise. I did two coats of each of these because I wanted good coverage. I then painted the little stroke flowers with Martha Stewart's pearl paint. The ribbon was one I had on my ribbon rack and it has the wire edges, which I love, because then I can crimp them and make them look exactly as I want. I'm also working on a ceramic Easter train engine and car that are shaped like eggs. I haven't gotten very far with them yet but will share a picture when I'm done with them. It was such a blessing to go to my studio and paint again!
26. I made this delicious open omelet the other morning and just had to share it with you! I cooked the frozen spinach and a few thin slices of onion in a iron skillet sprayed with Pam. Once they were cooked to my liking, I removed them from the pan and resprayed the pan and poured my eggs in. When I flipped the omelet, I then put the spinach/onion mixture back on top. After it was done, I plated it and then sprinkled a little feta cheese on top. It was so yummy!!! Plus it was very good for me.
27. My son's birthday was last week and he's now 27 years old! I'm not sure how that's possible when I'm only 29 myself! LOL Seriously - time does fly, doesn't it? It seems like the years just speed by the older I get. We had a lovely time with him. We had one of his favorite meals - BBQ honey wings and pizza and then he wanted a carrot cake. It was such a wonderful time! I'm so proud of the godly man he has become and how he puts the Lord first. It's fun to see our children become adults and be all they can be.
28. I've been working on my Documented Faith journal and this is the latest page I did. I'm learning to do things that I like and not worry about how artistic I am or elaborate I am compared to others. My journal is all about growing close to the Lord and about Jesus. That's most important! I had so much fun doing this!!
29. I came to a screeching halt on my Shepherd's Bush "Three Pale Eggs" last week. I bought this kit many moons ago used and never noticed until then that I am missing a page in my instructions! So frustrating! It's page 2 that I need and I have no idea how to go about finding it. I don't want to buy another kit just for one missing page of instruction. Maybe a more experienced stitcher could figure out what to do by looking at the picture, but I'm not that person. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could just get a copy of that one page? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Here's a picture of the project.
How have you been blessed this week? Share on the link up or in the comments or both! Remember, you can grab my button for your blog on my page at the top. Thank you all so much for participating and for your sweet comments!!
Blessings - Julie