Hello friends. I'm sorry I missed last week's linkup. I've still been battling fatigue and we've had other stressful things happening and I've just been pooped! It's awful when you can't even find the energy to write a blog post. Anyway, I'm here right now and let's get to counting our blessings!!
73. I went to see my Vascular Surgeon for my six month check-up on my leg bypass. They did an ultrasound and all looks good! It's always such a relief to know everything is working properly. I also talked to him about my lack of energy. He told me that after all I have been through, he thinks I have at least another 12 months of recovery. He also didn't realize that I had 8 units of blood and he said that alone was something to recover from. It was such a relief to have him tell me this! I know I have a lot to get through, but I will, with God's help.
74. I worked a bit more on my Christmas felt banner. Here's the latest picture:
75. Sam's Club had gotten these gorgeous orchids in for Mother's Day. I admired them but the price was way more than I wanted to pay. Every time I would go back, they would lower the price because they still had a lot of them left after the holiday. Finally, they got down under $10.00 and I decided to take advantage of that price. They had some I had never seen before and I picked out this one
76. I started this new cross stitch. It's for a roll and it's a little break from the large piece. I love the special stitches in this piece!
77. This time of year is slow for book reviews so I always catch up on my library book reading. I have read three books by Maureen Jennings. The first one is an Inspector Murdoch book
Then I read another book that is her DI Tom Tyler series. I didn't realize that the books were in a particular order so I accidentally read the second book first. It definitely stood alone but there were references to certain people and situations that it would have been helpful to have known about. Anyway, this book was called, "Beware the Boy".
Then I read the third book in the DI Tom Tyler series called, "No Known Grave".
If you enjoy mysteries, seriously, I highly recommend these! I have the first Tom Tyler book on hold and another Murdoch book on hold. I'm not sure why my library only has two Murdoch books but I'm going to ask them to order the others. I just love having this down time to read books I've had on my list to read but don't have time other times of the year.
How has your week been? Please join me in counting your blessings!!
Blessings - Julie