It's that wonderful time of the week when we count our blessings!
49. My youngest son was recognized at his college last week and they had a banquet and ceremony that we attended. Each year, they choose a student from the Career and Technical Education classes for outstanding achievement and they chose him! His name goes on a plaque at the college and he also received a plaque of his own. It was such a special thing and I'm so thankful I could go and see him receive his award. The professor spoke so highly of him and said that this was the first time he, himself chose the student. Usually he lets the students vote, but my son was so outstanding to him that he wanted to make sure that he was awarded this year. Wow. Just brought tears to my eyes. He said so many wonderful things and I am so proud of my son. :)
Here's a picture of my son (on the right) with his professor
50. I've been working on my cross stitch again and here's an update on the big piece
Little by little, I will get this done!
51. I also worked on the fox ornament and here's an update on that
Isn't this just coming out so cute? This ornament is for my oldest son but the more I work on it, the more I know I must make one for myself.
52. I went to the Christian book store today to get a Mother's Day card for my Mother and also wanted to see if they had any of the Illustrated Faith products. I found one thing and then asked if that was all they were carrying. She told me that they had gotten a few things in but weren't sure where to put it in the store! lol So I got to pick off the cart and here's all the beautiful things I got
I can't wait to try those pens in my Bible. I've been wanting to try them for a long time. I was thrilled with all these things. There were other things I liked, too, but the cost was too prohibitive! I picked out the things I loved and knew I would use. I will not only use this in my journaling Bible but in my Faith journal.
53. For Mother's Day, I was going to ask my hubby for a subscription to iDisciple. This is a Christian teaching site that you can access from your computer or through apps on your tablet or phone. You can find out more about it HERE. Anyway, when we went to the Christian book store, they had a big sign up that you could subscribe for a year for $39.99. This is a $20.00 savings!! WooHoo! So, I got my card and am so excited to have this! My hubby was probably glad because he knew what to get me plus he saved money! lol
I can't wait to get started on this!
Thank you for being a part of my linkup! You can share your own blessings on the linkup below.
Blessings - Julie